The Samsung Galaxy S9 flagship was launched alongside the bigger variant, the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. The smartphone comes with an improved camera and has a similar look with its predecessor but with an increased AI technology and more amazing features. The Samsung S9 smartphone is available in beautiful colors to suit your choice and the colours available are; Lilac Purple, Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Price in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy S9 was at about 370, 000 Naira at the launching. Samsung Galaxy S9 has launched in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana and you can now buy it at leading online and offline stores in Nigeria. Samsung Galaxy S9 price in Nigeria starts at around 284,500 Naira to 350,000 Naira.`
Samsung Galaxy S9 Key Features
- 8-inch, Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1440 X 2960 pixels (570 ppi)
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with 4GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 and Octa-core Exynos 9810 (EMEA)
- Dimension: 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 163g
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB built-in storage and support memory card up to 200GB
- 12MP rear camera and 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE
- Fingerprint sensor (rear)
- Wireless charging
- Water and Dust Proof (IP68 certification)
- 3, 000mAh non removable Li-ion battery
- Colours: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray and Lilac Purple.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Reviews
Design and Display
The Samsung Galaxy S9 is made up of a combination of metal and glass to give the smartphone both classy and stylish look. The fingerprint sensor is located at the side of the device. The Samsung Galaxy S9 features the 3.5mm audio jack and the Android phone is also IP68 certified, which means it is dust proof and water resistant.
The smartphone can survive up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5 metres of water without getting spoilt. One of the great things about the Samsung Galaxy S9 flagship is its rich vibrant display which is about 5.8-inch and also has a screen to body ratio of 18.5:9 which allows you to have more screen space.
The Samsung s9 runs on Super AMOLED display which runs on a full HD resolution. Samsung Galaxy S9 offers Corning Gorilla Glass 5 for protection of the smartphone against scratches and easy damage. The display of this device also offers a near-bezel-less edge to edge screen that creates the illusion of an infinity display.
The screen of the Samsung S9 also supports HDR10 and 3D Touch on the home button. The Samsung Galaxy S9 is available in various color options such as; Lilac Purple, Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 only comes with a 3,000mAh non-removable battery. The smartphone conserves power and also features the fast charging technology (Quick Charge 2.0) that uses the USB Type-C connector.
It also supports the Qi / PMA wireless charging. Samsung boasts of up to 14 hours Wi-Fi use for the Galaxy S9. You could get up to 12 hours and 11 hours respectively on 4G and 3G networks also, it boasts up to 16 hours of video playback.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 has the AI technology which is featured on the camera. The camera has a 12MP rear camera with the DRAM chip mounted on top. The dual aperture technology switches between a f/1.5 and f/2.4 and this is dependent on the brightness of the environment as it utilizes a smaller aperture when there is much light to give a better picture and then to the bigger one when there’s less light.
Also one of the features of the Samsung Galaxy S9 is the slow motion capturing up to 960fps at 720p. You can also record Slo-Mo at 1080p full HD, but at 240 fps and the Samsung Galaxy S9 can record 4k videos at 30 fps or 60 fps.
The rear camera on the Samsung Galaxy S9 also boasts Optical Image Stabilisation with up to 8X digital zoom and there is also the background blur effect or otherwise called the Bokeh effect in the camera. The smartphone recruits a 8MP sensor for a better wide angle selfies. Another highlight is the Bixby assistant technology which acts as a virtual assistant and helps to translate foreign language to your native language.
Performance and Connectivity
Depending on your location and country, the Samsung S9 device comes with an Octa-core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845 processor with an Adreno 630 GPU and also an Octa-core Exynos 9810 chipset with a Mali-G72 MP18 GPU. The latter chipset works mostly in the African region.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 features a 4GB RAM storage capacity with three different types of storage memory of 64GB, 128GB and 256GB internal storage memory. The S9 smartphone supports the use of a memory card and it can be used to expand the storage space up to 400GB.
Samsung Galaxy S9 runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with the Samsung Experience UI which is also referred to as the TouchWiz. You also get Knox for real time security monitoring and protection and you can as well create secure folders that will require bio metric scanning that is, iris scanning or fingerprint scanning to access.
Samsung Galaxy S9 comes with Samsung Pay out of the box for easy and secure payment on your smartphone. The S9 smartphone supports other amazing features like the dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC, and USB Type C. Samsung Galaxy S9 also features stereo speakers tuned by AKG, sound with Dolby Atmos technology including Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus.
Depending on your country, the Samsung Galaxy S9 may support a single Nano SIM or dual Nano SIM. Dual SIM models, however are hybrid, which means that the secondary SIM slot will also double as the microSD card slot. If you connect two SIM cards to your Samsung Galaxy S9, you will not be able to add a more storage to the phone using a microSD card.
Adding a microSD card for the dual SIM models will require you giving up a SIM slot. The smartphone supports the LTE network which can feature up to 1200 Mbps download Speed and 200 Mbps upload speeds which means super fast browsing and streaming for videos. In Nigeria, the Samsung Galaxy S9 will support LTE on all networks including MTN, Glo Mobile, Airtel, 9Mobile, Ntel, Smile.
Samsung Galaxy S9 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S9:
- Platform: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Processor: Octa-core 4 x 2.8 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4 x 1.7 GHz Cortex-A55 (Exynos 9810)- EMEA CPU
Octa-core 4 x 2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver (Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 845) – USA & China
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18 – EMEA, Adreno 630 – USA & China
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple
- Dimension: 147.7 x 68.7 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: 163g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM or Single SIM
- Display: 5.8-inch, Super-AMOLED capacitive touchscreen,
2960 X 1440 pixels (570 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 12MP camera, 2160p Video@60fps, 1080p Video@60fps, 720p Video@960fps
- Rear Camera Features: f/1.5-2.4, 26mm, 1/2.5″, 1.4 µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, phase detection, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 9MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, Auto HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, 1440p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: Yes, 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 200GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: Yes, 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (6CA) Cat18 1200/200
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C (USB 3.1)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3, 000 mAh non removable Li-ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes