The Samsung Galaxy s10 was officially launched in February 2019. Samsung Galaxy S10 is the 10th iteration of Samsung flagship Galaxy S family. The smartphone offers new amazing features such as the infinity O display that houses the front facing camera sensor, a triple-camera, on-screen fingerprint sensor, more powerful hardware and software all wrapped in one gorgeous build.
In addition to all the amazing features of the smartphone, it is waterproof as well as dust-proof.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Price in Nigeria
Samsung Galaxy S10 price starts from around ₦310,000 for the 128GB variant and 472,527 naira for the 512GB storage variant in Nigeria and these prices varies depending on the deal, location and storage memory of the device. It is very simple and easy to purchase the smartphone from trusted online and offline phone stores in Nigeria in order to avoid buying a refurbished product.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Key Features
- Display: 6.1-inch “Dynamic AMOLED” display, Quad HD+ resolution in a 19:9 aspect ratio
- Cameras: Rear cameras: Wide angle 12-megapixel, telephoto 12-megapixel and ultra wide 16-megapixel. Selfie camera: 10 megapixels
- Dimensions: 70.4 x 149.9 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 157 grams
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (in the US, Exynos in some regions)
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128GB to 512GB (1TB on S10 Plus), expandable via microSD
- OS: Android 9 Pie with Samsung One UI
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5, LTE Cat.20
- Wireless charging, USB-C, headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- Battery: 3400mAh non-removable.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Reviews
Samsung brought in a new feature which is the Infinity-O design which means there’s a hole-punch camera at the top where the selfie camera sits, featuring an edge-to-edge look that stretches top to bottom, with pixels over the curved edges at the sides with moderate bezels.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 offers the in-screen display fingerprint sensors and also spots an impressive 93.1% screen-to-body ratio at the front, with its thin aluminum frame between the smooth glass. The screen is protected with the Corning Gorilla Glass v6, which helps to keep away any kind of scratch or minor collision.
The s10 device is sleek and slim with a dimension of 149.9 x 70.4 x 7.8mm. At the back of the smartphone, there’s no fingerprint sensor only the triple lined camera with the flashlight. The headphone jack is also present on the Galaxy S10 coupled with the Type-C port and the speaker grille on the bottom edge, as well as the power button which is seated at the right side of the device.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 comes with a 6.1-inch 19:9 Super AMOLED display panel. The screen size is very wide and it also have curved edges with pixels that spill over the sides, and it is also HDR10+ supported for superior contrast and color.
The display also features a wide QHD+ 3040 x 1440px resolution resulting to pixel density of 550ppi, this then ensures a highly detailed screen display. Although, the Galaxy S10 has a larger display and a slightly higher resolution, the taller aspect ratio is one of the prominent changes in the smartphone which is all thanks to the infinity o display.
With the dynamic AMOLED display panel Samsung also bump up the its brightness capacity to about 1200 nits. It’s brighter, more colorful and amazing to view in direct sunlight and this then promises a greater colour accuracy for better outdoor visibility for HDR viewing purpose.
At the front of the device is seated a Gorilla Glass 6, while at the back is located a Gorilla Glass 5, which gives a beautiful view. Samsung has then introduced the integration of the world’s first Ultrasonic fingerprint reader. This Ultrasonic fingerprint reader is ingenious, fast and very secure making it the best fingerprint scanner in any smartphone.
Samsung has introduced a secondary sensor to bring the bokeh-touting Live Focus photographs into the Samsung s10. The smartphone camera comes with a triple rear camera system which includes a 12-megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) and a variable aperture that can switch between f/1.5 and f/2.4, as well as a new 16-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide camera sensor that gives you a 123-degree view and a 12-megapixel telephoto lens with f/2.4.
This also enables 0.5x wide-angle shots, as well as 2x optical zoom. The Samsung s10 features Live Focus shots, which adds an adjustable artificial bokeh-style blur to the background behind the person taking the picture. Samsung has also added a number of additional effects to the camera feature, such as the Scene Optimizer which uses artificial intelligence to enhance photos based on what an algorithm thinks is correct, including artistic, spin, zoom and color point which puts the main subject in color and the background in black and white.
The front camera of the smartphone is located the single 10MP camera with dual auto-focuses. For the video recording, the software has been upgraded to record in HDR10+ and offer Digital Video Stabilization.
Connectivity and Performance
The Samsung Galaxy s10 is packed with a 29% boost to CPU performance and 37% boost to the GPU. The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) coupled with Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485) CPU and Adreno 640 GPU or Samsung’s own Exynos 9820 chipset with Octa-core (2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55) CPU and Mali-G76 GPU.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone comes with 8GB an upgrade over the 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage and 512GB variant which can still be expanded with the support of a Micro SD card. The new Galaxy S10 runs the latest Android 9 pie operating system with Samsung’s custom One UI skin on top.
The Bixby virtual assistant is still in existence on the Samsung S10 with its own dedicated hardware button which now has a new feature called Bixby Routines and there are three modes in this Routines: Driving Mode, Work Mode, and Night mode. All you need to do is just set up the apps you want to use in these modes and Bixby will ensure they are easily accessible and ready to go when these modes are triggered.
The Samsung Galaxy s10 comes with a strong battery than its predecessors. It comes with a 3400mAh upgraded battery capacity. The Samsung S10 also comes with a fast charging technology and ince on a full charge, the battery can last up to one day before the next charge.
Samsung however, only supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0 technology coupled with the aforementioned 2.0 Wireless PowerShare feature which indicates that the wireless charging would be the same speed. There is no doubt that this is the best smartphone that Samsung has ever built and its really a trademark to the company’s years of work.
The S10 plus is the most expensive version with few upgrade compare to its lesser version, while the S10 is the immediate version not a cut down but a cheaper version with slight change compare to the S10+, and lastly, is the S10 6 which is the smallest and cheaper version of the three.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy S10:
- Platform: Android 9 (Pie), One UI, Samsung DeX
- Processor: Octa Core Processor, 2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55 (Exynos 9820 Octa) Or Octa Core Processor, 1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485 (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 or Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Prism Green, Prism White, Prism Black, and Prism Blue
- Dimension: 162.6 x 77.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 198 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3040 pixels, Always-On Display, HDR10
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 12MP (Telephoto) + 16MP (ultrawide) Tri-Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Auto-HDR, Panorama, Autofocus (Telephoto), 2x Optical Zoom (Telephoto), f/2.4 (Telephoto), OIS (wide & Telephoto), f/1.5-2.4 (wide), Dual Pixel PDAF (wide), [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], video HDR, Dual-Video Recording
- Front Camera: 10MP Camera, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Built-in Storage: 128GB or 512GB
- Memory Card Support: up to 512GB microSD
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1900 MHz (optional)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes (optional)
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100) – Global; 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – USA
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes (optional)
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 2000 Mbps (download)
- 5G: –
- WLAN: –
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type C (USB 3.1)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (optional)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos/AKG Sound
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under-display)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes (Fast Wireless Charging)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: Yes (1.5m of water in 30 minutes)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 3,400 mAh Li-ion Battery (Non-Removeable)
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes