The Samsung Galaxy a50 was launched in February 2019 together with the Samsung Galaxy A10 and Galaxy A30. The a50 smartphone runs on the latest Android Operating System, Android 9.0 Pie, out of the box with Samsung’s new One UI.
The smartphone offers so much interesting features, such as a 6.4-inch super AMOLED display which offers a great screen resolution of 1080 by 2340 pixels, and a 403ppi and also a notch cut out that is at the top for the device camera, a fingerprint sensor, a triple way rear camera setup of consisting of 25MP + 8MP + 5MP cameras, and also a 25 megapixels front facing camera for taking selfie.
Samsung Galaxy a50 comes with a processor of 2.3GHz Octa-core Exynos 9610 which runs on either 4GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB internally built storage. The a50 smartphone also supports a Micro-SD slot, expanding the internal storage up to 512GB for heavy phone users who would appreciate large storage unit.
The smartphone boasts an interesting battery capacity of 4000mAh which is non removable and it also features 15W fast battery charging. The Galaxy a50 device is believed to be water and dust-proof, because it is IP68- qualified. There is a single SIM and Dual SIM model, both of which come with a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
The Galaxy a50 features additional applications like the Google Pay, Google Assistant, Samsung Pay and Bixby. Samsung Pay is more compatible with more payment terminals while, Bixby is another digital voice assistant you can use to look up basic information and carry out various shortcuts.
Even if you don’t end up using these services — I myself don’t use Bixby as much as I use Assistant — the A50 gives you more options to choose from. The smartphone comes in various colors options such as; Black, White, Coral, and the Blue color.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Price in Nigeria
The Samsung Galaxy A50 is one of the most expensive of the Samsung A Series. The smartphone can be purchased for about N89,000 and N96,000 depending on the place, deal and period of purchase. Also, the currency exchange rate at the period has an effect on the eventual prices of the smartphone.Both phone models are made very affordable and available in various stores around and across the country. You can buy the Samsung Galaxy a50 smartphone at leading online and offline stores in Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Key Features
- Operating system: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Screen Size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Display: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Chipset: Exynos 9610, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- RAM: 4GB/6GB
- Internal memory: 128GB/64GB; microSD, expandable up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Processor: Octa-core (4×3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Networks: GSM/HSPA/LTE
- Main Camera: Triple – 25 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), PDAF 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide); 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Front Camera: 25 MP, f/2.0, 25mm (wide), front shooter for selfie
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery; fast charging 15W
- Material: front glass/plastic body.
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby).
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Other Specifications: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, ANT+
Samsung Galaxy A50 Review
Samsung Galaxy A50 follows the same trend of design as that of the other A-series. The smartphone is designed with a glass front casing, but is built with plastic, curved back and relatively light build. Samsung are known to be the king of the smartphone world when it comes to displays and you wouldn’t expect anything less from one of their best mid-range smartphones.
The Samsung Galaxy a50 smartphone comes in various colors options such as; Black, White, Coral, and the Blue color
The display of the smartphone features an Infinity-U Super AMOLED screen which also boasts a full HD+ resolution with 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The screen is lovely, very sharp and is well regulated. The 6.4 inches screen is smart and large enough for you to enjoy all screen time activities.
Performance and Connectivity
The Samsung Galaxy A50 runs on the Exynos 9610 chipset. Samsung’s in-house designed chip is based on 10nm FinFET process and includes octa-cores separated into two quad-core groups. While one cluster has Cortex-A73 cores which runs at 2.3GHz, the other cluster has all Cortex-A53 CPUs running at 1.7GHz.
The chipset is also joined with Mali G72MP3 GPU to satisfy the graphics requirements of users. The Samsung Galaxy A50 comes in two different models the 4GB/64 GB internal memory and the other model features 6GB/128GB internal storage, the Samsung a50 device also supports a micro SD card slot which expands the storage space up to 512GB. The Samsung a50 smartphone supports 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth, and dual-band Wi-Fi, direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, and a 3.5mm jack, NFC, and USB a Type-C port.
The Galaxy A50 features a triple camera setting at the rear of the device. It comes with a 25MP primary sensor (f/1.7 aperture) which is fixed with a 5MP sensor (f/2.2 aperture) and an 8 MP wide-angle sensor (f/2.2 aperture) and for selfie camera, there is also an exciting 25MP camera (f/2.0 aperture).
The a50 device has a LED flash and more features such as the Panorama and HDR. It can also take 1080p video recording at 30fps for the back camera and in the front facing camera, it features HDR and it can shoot up to 1080p videos at 30fps.
The a50 smartphone pulled off the bokeh effect for portraits comparably and the fallouts between the fore and backgrounds were smooth and natural looking. The front facing camera can also be used to take the portraits shot. It is also worthy of note that the white balance of the Samsung Galaxy a50 is more accurate.
The Samsung Galaxy A50 boasts a standard 4000mAh Li-po non-removable battery. It also boasts a fast charging feature that allows it to charge faster than most other smartphones in its category.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS (One UI)
- Processor: Octa-core 4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU; Exynos 9610 10nm SoC
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Blue, Coral
- Dimension: 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 166 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED Touchscreen, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 1080 x 2340 pixels (430 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Foldable Display: –
- Rear Camera: 25MP + 8MP + 5MP camera, 2160p@30fps, 1080p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, AR Emojis
- Front Camera: 25MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB ROM
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- 5G: NO
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: NO
- WLAN: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (optional)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: –
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under Display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: NO
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,000 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Internet Usage Time: up to 12 hours (3G), up to 14 hours (LTE), up to 15 hours
- Video Playback: up to 19 hours
- Fast Charging: Yes (15W)