The Samsung Galaxy A20 is the mid-range member of the Samsung Galaxy A-Series 2019 family that is, the a10 and a30 series. This Samsung Galaxy a20 was released in April 2019 and it is powered by the Exynos 7884 chipset.
The features on the smartphone comes with the latest applications and technology with next-generation screen technology that delivers rich contents and powerful graphics images whenever you browse the internet, watch a movie, play games and so much more on its 6.4-inch screen display.
However, the Galaxy A20 offers more premium specs and features with a super AMOLED infinity V display, dual rear cameras, and more battery power of up to 4000mAh which is non removable. Samsung Galaxy A20 runs One UI 1.1 on Android 9.0 right out of the box.
For the storage capacity, the Galaxy A20 is backed up by a 3gb RAM for multitasking and a 32 GB internal storage. It supports an external memory card slot too, which is 512GB expandable with the help of a microSD card. For the connectivity of the device, there is Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS with A-GPS, NFC, so much more.
The available colors of the smartphone includes black, red, coral orange, deep blue, and gold color variants to chose your taste and choice.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Price in Nigeria
Samsung Galaxy A20 price in Nigeria starts at around 52,000 Naira. These prices vary depending on the location, memory storage and available phone deals at the time of purchase. You can buy the smartphone at leading online and offline phone stores in Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Key Features
- 4-inch, Super AMOLED Infinity-V Display, 720 X 1560 pixels (268 ppi)
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimension: 158.4 x 74.7 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- Octa-core Exynos 7884 CPU with 3GB RAM
- 32GB built-in storage, up to 512GB memory card
- 13MP + 5MP dual rear camera and a 5MP front camera
- Face Unlock
- Finger print sensor
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps)
- 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Po battery
- Colors: black, red, coral orange, deep blue, and gold.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Reviews
Design and Display
Samsung Galaxy A20 features a similar design to the rest of the 2019 A-Series with top notch designs. It comes with an infinity-V display with a slim plastic and glass body. Samsung Galaxy A20 sports a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED infinity-V display with 720 x 1560 pixels resolution.
The smartphone also has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio, which gives it a compact profile. The smartphone spots no bezels this time around. The front of the phone is covered in glass and it also has a plastic covering on the back with a fingerprint sensor centered at the back too.
It also comes with a very huge and bright screen that hits 465 nits on the light meter, this falls just under the smartphones’ average of 488 nits. However, the display is bright enough that you can see it on a bright day. The A20 also features a convenient night mode that does not make you strain when using the phone, especially at night or in dark environment. The smartphone comes in 5 colour options: black, red, coral orange, deep blue, and gold.
The Samsung Galaxy A20 has a dual camera setup on the back. The main camera is a 13 megapixels with an f/1.7 aperture, 76° wide angle camera with autofocus. This camera is supported by a 5 megapixels 123° ultrawide angle lens with a f/2.2 aperture camera. The camera also offers LED flash, HDR, and full HD video recording. On the V-cutout on the display is situated the 8 megapixels selfie camera for taking beautiful photos of high quality.
Samsung Galaxy A20 offers a 4000 mAh Li-Po battery which means it will provide more capacity for watching videos, playing games and also enjoy enough screen time. It also supports the fast charging technology with support for up to 15W.
The battery charges up to 35 percent in the first 30 minutes of charge and generally takes less than two hours to get to full charge from 0% to 100%. After this charge, the smartphone can be used up to a day for light phone users before the next charge.
Performance and Connectivity
The Samsung Galaxy A20 is powered by the same chipset as the Galaxy A10. The octa-core Exynos 7884 chipset has a dual-cluster architecture consisting of a hexa-core processor and a dual-core processor clocked at 1.35GHz and 1.6GHz respectively.
However, the Android smartphone offers 3GB RAM of 32GB of built-in storage with support for up to 512GB memory card. Samsung Galaxy A20 comes with Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box with the One UI running on top. For the gaming aspects and graphics of th device, the GPU looks after the smooth running of the installed games and the mobile platform at which the device runs is the Android Pie which grants access to all apps.
Depending on your location, the Samsung Galaxy A20 may be available with dual-SIM or single SIM. It can also support Nano SIM cards. The smartphone also supports super fast 4G LTE network with download speeds of up to 150Mbps.
The Galaxy A20 features USB Type C (USB 2.0), USB On-The-Go and 3.5mm audio jack. The smartphone features Bluetooth 5.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. You can even sync the device with your laptop using the Smart Switch. Also, NFC may be supported on the device.
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A20:
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Octa-core Processor, 1.6GHz dual-core + 1.35GHz hexa-core, Exynos 7884
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Deep Blue, Red, Coral Orange, Gold
- Dimension: 158.4 x 74.7 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 169 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM or Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED Infinity-V Display, 720 X 1560 pixels (268 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Front Glass Cover
- Rear Camera: 13MP + 5MP Dual Camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, f/2.0
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76 Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Cat 4 150/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (Optional)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type C (USB 2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes, MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Video Player: Yes, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000 mAh Li-Po battery (Non-removable)
- Internet Usage Time: up to 13 hours (LTE & Wi-Fi), up to 12 hours (3G)
- Video Playback Time: up to 21 hours
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes (up to 15W)