Huawei Mate 20 Pro is an Android phablet. It combines the size format of tablets and smartphones. The Huawei phone was first released at a London press conference on October, 2018. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro was launched with the Mate 20 and Mate 20 X. It came as a successor to Mate 10 Pro as part of the Huawei Mate Series.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with lots of wonderful capabilities featuring the world’s most advanced smartphone and tablet technology with a new height of awesome performance and efficiency.
One of this wonderful capabilities is the ability of Huawei Mate 20 pro to charge other device wirelessly. It’s a reverse wireless charging. The Huawei phone comes in different colours, such as Emerald green, Midnight blue, Twilight, Pink Gold and black.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Features
This post will discuss the specifications of Huawei Mate 20 pro and review it’s features.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro comes with curved AMOLED screen which is definitely better than the LCD screen. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has such a nice display with a Quad HD+ resolution on a large screen size. The Huawei phablets is with a large 6.39″ screen display, but this is smaller than the 6.53″ on the Mate 20 and 7.2-inches on Mate 20 X phablets..
Huawei Mate 20 pro has a display resolution of 1440 × 3220 pixels and a pixel density of 538ppi (pixels per inch). The Huawei phone comes a width of display of approximately 2.68 inches and a height of display of approximately 5.8 inches.
The display has other features which includes Corning Gorilla Glass, 2.5D curved glass screen, COF (Chip-On-Flex), Always-On display, 800 Cd/m2 peak brightness, DCI-p3 and HDR 10.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro has two models. One model of Huawei Mate 20 pro has 6GB RAM capacity with 128GB built-in internal memory space. The other model of the Huawei phone has 8GB RAM capacity with 256GB built-in internal memory space.
Huawei Mate 20 pro uses LPDDR4X RAM type with a RAM frequency of 2133 megahertz. The Huawei phone has an expandable space but not using micro SD card. It is expandable using a new Nano memory card introduce by Huawei.
The Nano memory card slot gives support for an additional 256GB space. Huawei Mate 20 pro is the first phone to make use of Nano memory card. Nano memory card is said to be 45 percent smaller than the micro SD card.
In partnering with Leica, Huawei has been making some impressive camera smartphones and the tradition was continued in the production of Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Huawei Mate 20 pro has a Leica camera, secondary rear camera, third rear camera and a front (selfie) camera
The Leica camera which is the wide-angle lens is 40 megapixels with f/1.8 aperture, while the secondary rear camera is the ultra-wide lens with 20 megapixels sensor and f/2.8 aperture and then the third rear camera is the telephoto camera with 8 megapixels and f/2.4 aperture. The selfie camera is 24 megapixels with f/2.0 aperture, and serves as the 3D Face Unlock feature. It uses infrared dots to scan and authenticate once face to unlock the device.
Huawei Mate 20 pro support Continuous Shooting, Autofocus, Digital Zoom, Digital Image Stabilization, Geotagging, Panorama, HDR, Self-timer, Face detection, Touch focus, Scene mood, Exposure compensation, ISO settings, White balance settings, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), Laser Autofocus (LAF).
The Huawei phone comes with a lot of AI features such as AI Cinema Mode, AI Portraits, AI-painting photography, AI image stabilization, and many more. The Artificial intelligence enhancements brings a more naturalistic and impressive photo shots once gallery. The Huawei Mate 20 pro camera can be use to bring out 3D Live Emojis, which allows one to show his or her funny sides. The Phablet has the ability to divide a photo into sections and enhance them one-by-one.
Huawei Mate 20 pro comes with a battery capacity of 4200mAh and a smart Artificial Intelligence power management system. The Huawei phone uses a Non-removable Li-Polymer battery with charger output power of 5V/2A, 9V/2A and 10V/4V.
The Huawei Phablet uses Huawei super charge technology version 2.0 of 40W to refuel the phone battery to about 70% in 30 minutes. Huawei Mate 20 pro is also powered with a 15W Wireless Quick Charge technology which can gets the phone battery from 0% to 30% in half an hour.
Huawei also added a new wireless charging support, called Reverse Wireless Charging that can charge other Android Smartphones, possibly including other Qi enabled devices, such as Infinix Note 9, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XS.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro is powered by 7nm HiSilicon Kirin 980 processor which was announced at IFA 2018. The Huawei phone runs on EMUI 9.0, EMUI 9.1 or EMUI 10 user interface based on Android 9.0 pie or Android 10. This processor is comparable to the standard high-end Qualcomm Snapdragon 845.
The central processing unit (CPU) of Huawei Mate 20 pro is 2×2.6 GHz ARM Cortex-A76, 2×1.92 GHz ARM Cortex-A76, 4×1.8 GHz ARM Cortex-A55 with 64 CPU bits and instruction set of ARMv8-A. The Huawei Phablet has 8 CPU cores with a CPU frequency of 2600 megahertz. The graphic processing unit is ARM Mali-G76 MP10 and the Phablet is powered by 10 GPU cores.
Huawei Mate 20 pro makes use of Connectivity technologies such as Computer sync, OTA sync, Infrared, Tethering, NFC and VoLTE. The Huawei Phablet does not have the usual 3.5mm audio jack.
The USB port in the Huawei phone is USB type-C, version 3.0. The Port serves as a charging port, mass storage and a USB OTG ( On-The-Go) port. Phone Files can be transferred directly to a Flash drive without using a computer system
The Huawei Phablet also comes with Bluetooth, version 5.0 which features A2DP ( Advance Audio Distribution Profile), EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) and LE ( low energy). The Phablet phone supports Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi hotspot and Wi-Fi direct. It also support 4G Telecommunication network.
Sensors that can be found in Huawei Mate 20 pro include Proximity, light, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Barometer, Fingerprint, Hall and Infrared face recognition sensor.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications
List of Huawei Mate 20 pro specifications
- 2G Mobile: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G Mobile: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA / 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 (AWS) / 1900 / v2100 MHz
- 4G Mobile: LTE bands 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 6(900) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 9(1800) / 12(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 26(850) / 28(700) / 32(1500) / 34(2000) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300)
- SIM Option: Single and Dual Nano Sim
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie + EMUI 9.0
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 189g
- Display: 6.39 inch, 1440x 3120 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, curved OLED display
- Sensors: In-display Fingerprint, 3D face scanner, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Build: IP68 water and dust resistance
- Colours: Emerald Green. Midnight Blue. Pink Gold. Twilight. Blac.
- Processor Type: 64-bit 2.6 GHz Cortex-A76
- Processor Name: HiSilicon Kirin 980
- Graphics Processor: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM: 6 GB and 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB and 256GB
- External Storage: nano memory card, up to 256 GB (hybrid slot)
- Rear Camera: Triple – 40 megapixels auto-focus, Quad Bayer sensor, f/1.8 wide-angle lens, + 20 megapixels, f/2.2 ultra-wide lens + 8 megapixels 3x zoom telephoto lens, LED flash, [email protected] video recording
- Front-facing Camera: 24 megapixels, f/2.0, AI Portrait 2.0, [email protected] capture
- Music Support: DivX/XviD/MP4/H.265/WMV player
- Audio: No 3.5mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Stereo speakers
- Video Support: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/FLAC player
- FM Radio: No
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: microUSB v3.1, Type-C USB On-The-Go
- Charging: 40W SuperCharge (70% in 30 minutes) Fast Battery Charging; 15W Wireless Quick Charge (30% in 30 minutes); Reverse wireless charging
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Polymer 4200mAh
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Price in Nigeria
Huawei Mate 20 pro price in Nigeria – can be purchased for 289,000 Naira to 225,000 Naira on Jumia and 236,000 Naira on Konga. The Huawei phone can also be bought in other stores.