Desktop computers are still a thing in the 20th century and one might begin to wonder why, despite the introduction of laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. The answers are indeed not far-fetched if you stroll the market of professionals and individuals alike who value the true power and/or strength of the gadgets they use.
You will find a bigger market for desktop computers. This is not to undermine the usage of tablets, phones, laptops, palmtops, and every other device that have been able to carve out their own market over the years. However, desktop computers remain the ultimate gadgets; and equally the most sought after in some parts of the world.
For most professionals who spend the bulk of their hours in front of computers, they will definitely appreciate desktops computers more. Though one might argue that other computers are faster and sometimes more efficient, but all these arguments about speed is determined by the RAM.
Aside from the “trademarked” strength that desktops are known for, they are also very reliable, and more balanced when compared to other computers. It is one of many reasons desktop computers still have a say in the Nigerian market, and in the computer world at large.
Desktop Computer Price in Nigeria
Before discussing the prices of desktop computers in Nigeria; we would talk about something else, briefly. It is the notion or picture that often comes to mind when we talk about desktop computers. That is, some old fashioned “TV frame” gadget sitting on a table at a corner of the house with dust all over it.
The truth is, desktop computers have evolved over the years. They have moved passed the big boxed computers that occupied the entire home or office table back then. Today, you will find desktop computers in various designs – styles and colours. These days, it is easier to fall in love with a desktop computer because of its usual sleek nature coupled with big screen and well placed CPU.
Desktop computers, like other computing gadgets, are available in various designs, shapes and sizes. This is without an iota of doubt due to the increasing number of manufacturers in the industry. Like the designs, styles and sizes, they vary in other basic features like Random Access Memory (RAM) sizes, screen resolution, graphics card sizes, etc.
However, the big question remains: how much is a desktop computer in Nigeria? We will discuss some of the popular desktop computer brands in the course of the article and how much they cost in the market. Also, some of the things to consider before buying a desktop computer in Nigeria.
Prices of Desktop Computers in Nigeria
Like we mentioned earlier in the article, desktop computers are still the most sought after despite being of the older generation of computers. Thanks to the cool design overhaul that are brought into the market on a daily basis. In as much as the average user wants what works in terms of speed and efficiency, they also look out for the overall design. Not forgetting that they (desktop computers) are among the most reliable and rugged gadgets.
Desktop computers are available in almost every market you can think of, in different sizes and styles. Because of the screen sizes, they boast of better screen resolutions when compared to other computing gadgets. Depending on the memory size, they can be efficient and faster than most laptops, tablets, etc. With the right amount, you are guaranteed the same or far more superior service. No wonder those who know their gadget love them.
These days, buying a desktop computer is very easy as ABC. They are available in all computer markets across the country. You can also buy directly from the manufacturer or any of its authorized outlets. And if you are big on shopping with convenience, you can also order from any of the popular e-commerce platforms.
Take a look at some of the common desktop computer prices available:
Dell Desktop Computers & Prices in Nigeria
- Inspiron 24 All-in-one FHD Core i5 (1 TB, 8 GB): N350, 000 – N400, 000
- Inspiron 20-3052 (500 GB, 4 GB): N150, 000 – N188, 000
- Optiplex 3050 All-in-one core i5 (500 GB, 16 GB): N230, 000 – N300, 000
- Optiplex 7450 All-in-one core i5 (500 GB, 8 GB): N250, 000 – N300, 000
- Optiplex 3240 All-in-one: N280, 000 – N310, 000
- Optiplex All-in-one core i7 (500 GB, 4 GB): N350, 000 – N400, 000
- Optiplex All-in-one core i7 (1 TB, 16 GB): N420, 000 – N450
- Vostro Desktop (500 GB, 4 GB): N350, 000 – N400, 000
HP Desktop Computers & Prices in Nigeria
- HP 290 G1 Business Desktop Microtower PC: N130, 000 – N180, 000
- Pavilion 570-allna AMD Dual Core: N120, 000 – N135, 000
- Pavilion 24 core i5 (2TB, 12 GB): N320, 000 – N350, 000
- Pavilion 24 core i7: N400, 000 – N450, 000
- Pavilion 27 core i5 (1TB, 12GB): N350, 000 – 410, 000
- Envy 27 All-in-one core i7: N460, 000 – N500, 000
- Envy 34 inches Curved (1 TB, 16GB): N600, 000 – N670, 000
- ProDesk 600 G3 MicroTower PC: N280, 000 – N310, 000
- EliteDesk 800 G3: N280, 000 – N350, 000
- Sprout Pro 23 inches: N830, 000 – N1, 280, 000
- Omen 800-O21 Gaming Desktop: N400, 000 – N500, 000
- HP DeskPro: N230, 000 – N250, 000
- HP Pro One 400 G3: N200, 000 – N270, 000
Apple Desktop Computer & Prices in Nigeria
- iMac 27 inches intel core i5: N580, 000 – N620, 000
- iMac 27 inches Quad-core i5: N700, 000 – N750, 000
- Surface Microsoft Studios: N1, 300, 000 – N1, 400, 000
- Apple 21 inches 4k Retina: N850, 000 – N980, 000
- iMac 27 inches Retina (3 TB, 8 GB): N2, 000, 000 – N2, 200, 000
Lenovo desktop Computers & Prices in Nigeria
- 5200 All-in-one (500 GB, 4 GB): N130, 000 – N150, 000
- Dual core (500 GB, 4 GB): N150, 000 – N170, 000
- V310 Dual Core i3 7100: N170, 000 – N190, 000
- Think Centre E73 Dual Core (500 GB, 4 GB): N105, 000 – N121, 000
- Think Centre M800 (500 GB, 4 GB): N130, 000 – N160, 000
- Think Centre M900 (1 TB, 4 GB): N200, 000 – N250, 000
- Idea Centre 510s: N440, 000 – N470, 000
- E50 Dual Core (1 TB, 4 GB): N160, 000 – N180, 000
Desktop Computer Buying Guide
Above are some of the common desktop computers available in the market along with their prices. Interestingly, there seem to be an increasing market for desktop rather than a decrease. With the increasing market, there are more desktop computers in different sizes, styles, shapes, designs, RAM sizes and other basic features. These desktops are built or more suited for different purposes. Hence, it is important to have knowledge of the one that best suits your needs.
The truth is, desktop computers like every other computing gadget are available in different sizes, colours, styles, etc. Therefore, it is difficult for the average buyer to just pick anyone and expect it to suit their needs. There are a lot of things to consider when making decisions to buy your desktop. While some are built mainly for professionals, there are others that best suit a beginner.
In order to make your decision making process less worrying, we compiled a few basic features or factors to consider before buying a desktop computer.
What brand of desktop computer do I intend to buy? This is arguably the first question anyone should ask themselves if they intend to buy a desktop. It is similar to choosing a brand of phone or fashion wear. Before heading to the market, you should have a particular brand in mind. This way, you are not drown with multiple choice at the market. It should either be brand A or B. It shouldn’t be a case of I like A, B, C and D.
As usual, some brands are more popular than the other. There are also brands known for their strong and reliable desktop products, while some are recognized for the sleek designs. The purpose of the gadget should determine which brand to buy. It is also advisable to always go for the well-known brands; the saves you the stress of searching, especially for part in case they get spoilt.
Another factor that should be considered is the processor of the desktop computer. How fast or efficient a desktop is, is dependent on its processor. Ideally, due to the wide range of processors now available, your target should be between core i5 and i7. However, it is best to be on a safer side by not getting anything less than a core i3.
The graphic card of a computer is often more of a concern to the professionals. Especially those who make use of the gadgets for graphics or gaming. For a desktop computer, the minimum size for a graphic card should be 500 MB. However, for those who need the desktops for heavy designs or high graphic games, the graphics card should be a minimum of 1 GB.
Other basic features to look out for include;
- Operating System
- Hard disk
- Monitor size, etc.