Apple has released the latest iPhone series, the iPhone 8 which is designed with the iOS 11 and A11 Bionic processor. The A11 is known to be the most powerful chip ever used in a smartphone which enables faster performance while delivering great battery life, impressive cameras, Retina HD display on the camera, a glass body coupled with aluminum and copper rims and also louder speakers to produce optimum music and sound effects.
The front and back of the device are made with the most durable glass and the surrounding band is made of aluminium. The iPhone 8 smartphone was intially launched in September 22, 2017 and it was launched with the 64GB and 256GB memory storage models before the addition of the latest storage models which offers the 64GB and 128GB options.
The connectivity which the iPhone 8 supports include the Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3G and 4G LTE networks. The iPhone 8 smartphone entire design is made splash and water resistant that is, your smartphone can be in water for about a minute and it would still be okay for use. The smartphone is also dust proof.
Apple iPhone 8 Price in Nigeria
The iPhone 8 Price in Nigeria starts at around 161,000 Naira to 350,000 Naira, depending on your location and also built-in storage memory. For example, the 64GB model price ranges from– ₦161,000 to ₦290,000 while, the 256GB model price ranges from– ₦179,000 to ₦385,000. The iPhone 8 is available in Nigeria, Kenya, and also Ghana. You can buy the smartphone at any leading online or offline phone stores in Nigeria.
Apple iPhone 8 Key Features
- 7-inch IPS Touch Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326 ppi)
- Apple A11 Bionic Chipset with 2GB RAM
- Glass built with aluminum and copper.
- iOS 11
- Water Resistant and Dustproof
- 64GB or 128GB Built-in Storage (256GB options on old models)
- 12MP Rear Camera and 7MP Front Camera
- Does not support dual camera at the back of the phone
- Quad-LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync Panorama (up to 63MP)
- 4G LTE (up to 1024 Mbps download)
- Fingerprint Sensor (Front) on the home screen button
- Facial recognition
- Fast Charging and Wireless Charging support
- Colours; grey, gold and silver variants
- Non-removable lithium-ion battery
Apple iPhone 8 Reviews
Design and Display
The iPhone 8 comes with an all-glass body design, with is very durable. It also laser-welded steel and copper to boost the ruggedness of the device. The smartphone home button is placed at the front and it also features as the finger print sensor.
The iPhone 8 comes in three unique color variants; gold, silver and grey. The iPhone 8 is also built to be water resistant and dust proof and this is made possible by the action of the IP67 under IEC standard 60529. The smartphone features a 4.7-inch Retina HD display that adjusts screen brightness to suit different lighting conditions.
Sensors supported on the iPhone 8 smartphone includes; Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope and Barometer.
The iPhone 8 camera offers a 12 megapixel shooter for capturing images and recording 4K videos. The smartphone has a wide-angle lens, featuring 6 elements optical image optimization to produce excellent pictures. The aperture size of f/1.8 means you should expect being able to take quality shots in dark settings.
The iPhone 8 camera features include; Quad-LED True Tone Flash and optical image stabilisation (OIS). The portrait Lighting enhances the quality of shots with effects and more. For the front facing camera, the device comes with a 7 megapixel FaceTime HD camera coupled with Retina Flash, wide color capture, advanced pixel technology also and auto image stabilization which is important for taking excellent selfies. The iPhone 8 smartphone does not support dual camera at the rear.
Performance and Connectivity
The iPhone 8 smartphone is built with a new A11 Bionic processor, which Apple claims is the most powerful and the smartest chip found in any smartphone. The A11 is faster and smarter than the A10 fusion chip of the predecessor; iPhone 7 plus. The CPU of this iPhone 8 smartphone is up to 25 percent faster and the GPU and also up to 30 percent faster, compared to the last generation fusion chip.
The iPhone 8 ships with the latest iOS 11, which brings several new features, including better multitasking and improved safety features. The iOS 11 operating system also includes many new features like the redesigned control centre, better improvements to the camera and peer-to-peer Apple Pay on the device. For the connectivity of the iPhone 8 device, it comes with LTE, GSM, NFC with reader mode and bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology.
Storage and Battery
The iPhone 8 smartphone comes in 64GB and 128GB storage variants. It also comes with an improved stereo speakers which is said to be about 25 percent louder and offering deeper bass also on the speakers. The iPhone 8 smartphone features a built-in, non removable rechargeable lithium-ion battery that also features a Fast-charge capable of charging the phone up to 50% charge at 30 minutes.
On the front screen, there is situated the physical home button that also serves as the Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor. The iPhone 8 also offers wireless charging that is, you can charge your iPhone 8 smartphone on a power pad even without the use of a charger. So, the device works with Qi wireless chargers in some public places, such as airports.
Apple iPhone 8 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Apple iPhone 8:
- Platform: iOS 11
- Processor: Apple A11 Bionic
- GPU: –
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, Space Gray, Gold
- Dimension: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 148 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS Touch Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326 ppi), 3D Touch
- Screen Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Rear Camera: 12MP Camera, 2160p ultra HD 4K Video
- Rear Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, quad-LED (dual tone) flash, Geo-tagging, simultaneous 4K video and 8MP image recording, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR (photo/panorama), OIS
- Front Camera: 7MP Camera, 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Storage: 64GB or 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 1024 Mbps
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes, (Apply Pay only)
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes USB 2.0, Reversible Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No (supports a lightning connector to 3.5mm jack adapter or wireless AirPods)
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO
- Maps: Apple Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: No
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Apple Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes, IP67 (Water resistant in up to 1 meter or water for up to 30 minutes)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: No
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-Removable Battery Battery
- Talktime: up to 14 hours (3G)
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes