The iPhone 6 is one of the smartphones released by Apple in September in the year 2014. It is the 8th generation of the Apple iPhone together with the iPhone 6 plus to succeed the iPhone 5s. The iPhone 6 is the smaller and slimmer at 6.9 mm thickness but still bigger with a larger screen size than its predecessor, the iPhone 5S. iPhone 6 comes with the usual round edged design as with the other Apple smartphones with the home button housing the ID fingerprint sensor and an anodized aluminum back.
The iPhone 6 comes with a lot of unique features such as the sleek handling and smooth operation. The iPhone 6 offers the usual high quality build with a new faster processor, iOS 8 as the operating system, improved camera optics as well as NFC with Apple that is set to revolutionize mobile payment.
Apple iPhone 6 Price & Availability
iPhone 6 launched in September 19, 2014 although, there were preorders available in September 12. The iPhone 6 is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB models with a launch price starting at $649. iPhone 6 Price in Nigeria ranges from 65,000 Naira to 250,000 Naira depending on your location and the storage memory.
At SLOT Nigeria the price ranges from N110, 000 – N140, 000 and at other online stores like Jumia, the price goes for N100, 000 – N140, 000 and in Konga, it is sold for about N109, 000 – N185, 000. It was announced by Apple that within the first 24 hours of the availability of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s, over 4 million pre-orders were made up to the point of exceeding the number if supply available.
Also it is worthy of note that about 13 million iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s devices were sold in the first three days of the launch, making the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s one of the best selling mobile phones of all time.
Apple iPhone 6 Reviews
The iPhone 6 was originally designed in three models; 16GB, 64GB and 128GB models but in March, 2017 a fourth model was introduced which was the 32GB. The standard Apple logo is designed from a stainless steel inlay and the iPhone 6 is available in three different colors: silver, gold and space grey. The power button is now stationed at the side of the iPhone 6 smartphone.
The smartphone comes with a new processor, the Apple A8 chip. The A8 is a 64-bit chip like the A7, but promises 50% faster graphics and 25% faster processor, which makes the iPhone 6 run more smoothly on iOS 8. Although, the iPhone 6 is an old phone but it is still very much relevant and available in today’s market.
The iPhone 6 is designed with a glass front that is curved neatly around the edges of the Apple phone and it also features an aluminum rear that contains two plastic strips for the antenna. The back is also built with aluminum and it also comes in three main colors; space grey, gold and silver. The iPhone 6 has a thickness of about 6.9 millimeters, thereby remaining as Apple’s most light weighed phone.
Display and Camera
The phone features a 4.7-inch touchscreen display and a resolution of 750 pixels by 1334 pixels at a PPI of 326 pixels per inch. The phone is powered by Dual-core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based) processor and boast of 1 GB RAM. It features a 4.7-inch display IPS display, but retains the 326 pixel-per-inch Retina resolution with 750 x 1334 pixels. iPhone 6 comes with the same 8 megapixels rear camera, but with obvious improvements for better and faster photos. The camera features a dual-LED flash and HDR with 1080p HD video recording. iPhone 6 also features a 1.2 megapixels camera with 720p HD recording. Apple now offers a 4-inch iPhone SE if you prefer a more compact design.
The iPhone 6 battery is a 1,810 mAh Non-removable Battery with a standard standby time of up to 250 hours and talktime of about 14 hours. The iPhone 6 battery also powers a music playback up to 50 hours.
Apple Pay on Near Field Communications (NFC)
Apart from the bigger display, the other major turning point of the iPhone 6 is its support of Near field communications, NFC and the incorporation of the Apple Pay, a new mobile payment service, which will enable you make payments at local stores and services. Although, the Apple Pay is limited to the United States for now with over 220,000 merchants already on board. You can store Visa, MasterCard, and AMEX cards on your iPhone 6 and easily make payments with a simple tap at local stores without sharing your details.
The iPhone 6 smartphone comes with a nano- SIM port and it also maintains the three network types that is, 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE. Just like the other Apple smartphones, the iPhone 6 also features a connection to bluetooth enabled devices, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi direct but it does not feature a FM Radio.
Apple iPhone 6 Specs & Features.
- Operating system: iOS 8, upgradable to iOS 12
- 7-inch IPS Touch Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326 ppi)
- Apple A8 Chipset with 1GB RAM
- iOS 8, upgradeable to iOS 12
- 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB Built-in Storage memory
- Processor: Dual core 1.4 GHz Typhoon (ARM v8-based)
- Networks: 2G ,3G & 4G (GSM, HSPA, CDMA, EVDO, & LTE)
- WI-FI Hotspot
- Camera: 8MP Dual LED Camera (Main), 1.2MP (Selfie)
- 8MP Rear Camera and 1.2MP Front Camera
- 4G LTE (up to 150 Mbps download)
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 1810 mAh Li-Po non-removable Battery
- Face detection and voice control
- HDR, FaceTime over.
- Accelerometer, proximity.
- Compass, barometer, gyroscope.
Apple iPhone 6 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Apple iPhone 6:
- Platform: iOS 8, upgradeable to iOS 12
- Processor: 1.4GHz dual-core 64-bit Processor (Apple A8)
- GPU: Hexa-core graphics Processor
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Colours: Gold, Silver, Space Grey
- Dimension: 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm
- Weight: 129 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 4.7-inch IPS Display, 750 x 1334 pixels (326ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes (Shatter proof Glass)
- Rear Camera: 8 MP Camera, Dual-LED Flash, 1080p HD Video
- Rear Camera Features: Autofocus, Geo-tagging, HDR, Face Detection, Panorama, Slo-mo video
- Front Camera: 1.2 MP Camera, BSI, 720p HD FaceTime Video
- Built-in Storage: 16 GB, 64 GB, or 128 GB Storage
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes, iCloud
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100MHz (CDMA version)
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: 700 / 800 / 1700 / 1800 / 2600MHz (not in all models)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, up to 21Mbps
- HSPA+: Yes, up to 42Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: Yes, up to 3.1 Mbps (CDMA version)
- 4G LTE: Yes, up to 150Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Yes, microUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: IMAP4, POP3, SMTP
- Music Player: Yes, mp3, WAV, FLAC, eACC+
- Video Player: Yes, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, XviD
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- Pedometer: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (TouchID)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Fingerprint Resistant Coating: Yes (oleophobic coating)
- Mobile Payment: Yes, Apple Pay with NFC (Visa, MasterCard, etc)
- M8 Motion coprocessor: Measures your steps, distance, elevation as well share tasks with the main processor
- Wireless Charging: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 1,810 mAh Non-removable Battery
- Standby time: up to 250 Hours
- Talktime: up to 14 hours
- Music Playback: up to 50 hours