Apple has finally unveil its latest iPhone 11 series. The New Apple iPhone series; iPhone 11, iphone 11 Pro Max and iPhone 11 Pro were launched on Friday 20th September 2019. The iPhone 11 is the successor to the iPhone XR thus, following the trend of the likes of Iphone XS and the XS MAX.
The Apple iPhone 11 is a camera bumped device and has sleek, iconic designs. The device comes with a 6.1-inch edge to edge LCD Liquid Retina display, unlike the Super Retina XDR present on iPhone 11 Pro and Pro max. The smartphone is manufactured from stainless steel and glass.
It is also known that the glass used in the design of the iPhone 11 device is the most durable glass used on smartphones. Apple iPhone 11 features an improved dual-camera system, which comprises of a dual 12-megapixel wide and ultra-wide angle snapper, which can capture much wider shots.
The front facing camera is twice as fast and works with a dot projector to create depth in photography. iPhone 11 selfie camera sports a new camera feature, TOF 3D camera the slow-motion selfies. This phone also sports a 12-megapixel True Depth camera on the front to snap selfies. The iPhone 11 packs an A13 Bionic CPU which was launched in May 2019.
This CPU chipset runs on 7nm architecture and according the Apple is the fastest chip on the market both in terms of performance and graphics. The iPhone 11 packs 4GB of RAM and 64GB Internal storage just like the iPhone XS. There are other Internal storage variant, It pack up to 128GB and 256GB of memory.
The iPhone 11 runs on the new IOS 13 and this brings the highly requested features like a system wide dark mode, improved mapping service and so much more. The iPhone 11 is also capable of Qi wireless charging, but it is still packaged with the puny 5W charger that iPhones have used for a decade now.
This new smartphone is powered by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3046 mAh battery which supports 18W Fast battery charging. It is packed with USB Power Delivery 2.0. The Apple iPhone 11 has super fast Wi-Fi connectivity. The latest Wi-Fi 802.11ax standard, more commonly known as Wi-Fi 6, which brings up to a 4x performance boost in crowded areas and up to 40% higher data speeds. The iPhone 11 smartphone comes in different colour variants and they include; Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, Red, White.
Apple iPhone 11 Price in Nigeria
iPhone 11 price in Nigeria starts at around 288,000 Naira. Apple announced the phone at their official, yearly Apple event, but it was not made available for sale instantly. The iPhone 11 smartphone can now be purchased at leading online and offline stores across Nigeria.
Apple iPhone 11 Key Features
- 1 inch IPS Display, 828 x 1792 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~326 ppi)
- Liquid Retina IPS Display, 16M colours, HDR10, 625 nits
- Scratch Resistant Glass with Oleophobic Coating
- Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- iOS 13 with 4GB RAM
- 64GB, 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 12MP + 12MP Dual Rear Cameras
- Dual Selfie Cameras 12MP + ToF 3D sensor
- Non-removable 3110 mAh Li-ion Battery
- Fast Battery Charging (18W)
- Qi Wireless Charging
- Colours – Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, Red, White
Apple iPhone 11 Reviews
Design and Display
The design of the iPhone 11 smartphone comes with a front and back glass panel. The aluminium frame joins these glass panels to one another. On the front of the phone, is the Liquid Retina IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen measuring 6.1 inches and offering 828 x 1792 pixels resolution.
On the notch, you have the selfie camera, sensors and speaker of the phone. At the base of the unit, you will find the usual Lightning port on a USB 2.0 protocol, a speakerphone grille and a microphone port too. The sides of the device come with the regular power button, volume rocker and dedicated mute and unmute button too.
At the back of the smartphone, is sitted nicely the new camera housing unit with two fairly large lenses in it. There is also a dedicated LED flash in there for better low-light image capturing, the smartphone comes in different color options of Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, Red and White.
The front camera of the iPhone 11 device offers dual camera sensors with the back camera being a 12 megapixels snapper and the front facing camera coming as a ToF 3D sensor. This change helps to improve the way you take portrait photography on the front facing cameras since they contribute to the depth of the images.
These front cameras are also equipped with HDR out of the box. On the back of the smartphone houses two cameras. Though, Apple opted for a 12 megapixels main wide angle snapper and a supporting 12 megapixels ultra wide camera.
They are both equipped with a Quad-LED, dual-tone flash setup for improved images in low light conditions. The HDR features are fully ingrained into this supporting camera module. Phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and Optical Image Stabilisation is provided for seamless point and shoot photography.
Performance and Connectivity
The iPhone 11 gets the in-house A13 Bionic chip made with a 7nm+ process. The chipsets will work with the special design of the all new iOS 13 too. Three different storage options are available for the iPhone 11 64GB built-in storage and for those who want more storage, you can pick the units with 128GB or 256GB built-in storage.
No matter which option of the iPhone 11 you go for, you still get the same 4GB RAM across board. The smartphone does not come with a microSD card slot, so the decision of what storage option to pick up becomes even more important.
The iPhone 11 device comes in a one SIM support and others can use the standby dual SIM technology. All devices are unique in their IP68 rating ensuring dust and water resistance. Finally, the scratch resistant glass and oleophobic coating on the front and back glass panels ensure minimal smears and damages to the face of the phone in multiple conditions.
Apple iPhone 11 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Apple iPhone 11:
- Platform: iOS 13
- Processor: Apple A13 Bionic (7 nm+)
- GPU: –
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Green, Yellow, Purple, Red, White
- Dimension: 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 194 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or Electronic SIM card) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by) – for China
- Display: 6.1 inch Liquid Retina IPS Display, 828 x 1792 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~326 ppi density), HDR10, 625 nits, Dolby Vision
- Screen Protection: Scratch-resistant glass, oleophobic coating
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12MP (wide) + 12MP (ultrawide) Dual Camera, 2160p@24fps/30fps/60fps, 1080p@30fps/60fps/120fps/240fps Videos
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED dual-tone Flash, PDAF, OIS, gyro-EIS, HDR, Panorama
- Front Camera: 12MP + 3D ToF Dual Camera, 2160p@24fps/30fps/60fps, 1080p@30fps/60fps/120fps Videos, HDR
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB/ 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: No
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 11(1500), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 21(1500), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 42(3500), 46, 48, 66(1700/2100)
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes (1 Gbps downloads)
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: No
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Dolby Atmos, Dolby Digital Plus
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: No
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes (Face ID)
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes (Siri)
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes (with dedicated mic)
- Wireless Charging: Qi Wireless Charging
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes (Apple Pay)
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3110 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast Battery Charging (18W): 50% in 30 minutes